Looking Back at 2016
I tend to prefer looking forward and concentrating on what we’re now doing or going to do, but it doesn’t hurt from time to time to have a quick cup of tea and take a look back at the previous year. Although 2016 seems to be generally accepted as being a bit of a crappy year worldwide we had plenty of things going on here at stickee which are worth a cheeky little reminder list…
- David Nestoruk won graduate developer of the year at the 2016 Silicon Canal Tech awards in Birmingham. Well done, lad!
- We ran a Virtual Reality event in the autumn to summarise the year that was VR, check it out here
- We built a number of virtual reality games in 2016, including a VR cricket game, futuristic 3D pool and some spooky halloween party games. They were fun to make and get immersed in!
- A few of the fitter members of the team took part in cycle to work day
- Loads of great new people joined the team here at stickee in 2016. Welcome folks, good to have you here. Check out the full team here
- Euro fever hit the office, before Iceland silenced us all
- Slightly duller but no less important we got our direct FCA authorisation
- We were proud to support Kidsafe once again as a Silver supporter
- Our fantastic office Tiki bar opened for business!
- Our Price Drop Donkey system launched
- We enjoyed lots of new projects for our creative digital clients, including work for Nickelodeon and Carphone Warehouse
2017 promises to be an exciting year here at stickee, with office redesigns under way, a fresh new website and some great new members to the team. I’m looking forward to what the year brings.